Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Ltd was created from humble beginnings in 1998 with a vision to earn a reputable name in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry by being measurably efficient, responsible and competitive while working to meet Company growth and objectives within the broader Social and Economic goals of our operating environment.
From those early days to date, we have worked very hard to realize our mission to operate an efficient and technically competent Oil and Gas Company in a safe, professional and socially responsible manner.
Our business started with the supply of 200litre drums of diesel to homes, guesthouses and small branches of Banks in Lagos. We later advanced to the sale of 33,000litre trucks of diesel and 20MT of LPG to manufacturing companies such as BOC Gases, Dunlop PLC, Flour Mills of Nig Plc, BAGCO Plc and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) filling plants across Nigeria.
With strong determination and a brave corporate heartbeat, the Company sourced its supplies from NNPC depots, major oil marketing companies including Total Plc, Uni-petrol Plc (Now OandO), AP Plc (now Forte Oil) and Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc amongst others.
Today, we are humbled by our success thus far. No longer a small player in the industry; we have been one of a select few Foreign and Nigerian Companies involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria since the year 2014. We also import, store, supply and distribute refined petroleum products including Premium Motor Spirit (PMS=petrol), Automotive Gas Oil (AGO=diesel), House hold Kerosene (HHK) and Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO). Our global footprint continues to grow. As a dynamic business, we explore latest and most innovative low cost customer offerings
With the world market in mind, we take the import and export of petroleum products in our stride; trading globally with the same professionalism we are known for in Nigeria.
For us, doing well also means doing good. Our many Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives tell another story – the story of a proudly Nigerian Company with a warm heart and big plans to create a better Nigeria for all.
Our Mission & VisionOur Mission: We strive to exceed our own expectations by constantly growing as a Company, contributing to a healthy economy and doing what we can for the community.
Our Vision: Everything we do is aimed at operating an efficient, professional and technically competent Oil and Gas company. We never lose sight of our social responsibility and we never compromise on safety.
Our MilestonesFrom inception, we have had significant developments that have contributed to the growth of the nation’s oil & gas industry.
- 2001 – Accumulation of Low Residue Sulphur (LRS) and Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO) from Kaduna Refinery and supplied to foreign refineries. •
- 2007 – Commissioned our first Ultra Modern Petroleum Products Storage Terminal with 40,000MT (43.2m litres) capacity duly certified by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in the Calabar Free Trade Zone.
- 2007 –Signed a Bulk Purchase Agreement with PPMC (now NPMC) to source products.
- 2011 – Commissioned our second Ultra Modern Petroleum Products Storage Terminal with 50,000MT (53.68m litres) capacity certified by DPR.
- 2012 – Completed and commissioned the first phase (250 meters) of our multi million dollar Ultra-Modern berthing facility in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
- 2012 – Commissioned a 22 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Calabar, Cross River State.
- 2015 - Commissioned a 24 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Calabar, Cross River State.
- 2016 - Commissioned a 26 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Lekki, Lagos State.
- 2017 - Commissioned a 26 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Asaba, Delta State.
- 2017 – Commissioned a 20 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Lekki-Ajah, Lagos State.
- 2018 - Launched ROZARIUM range of Lubricants.
- 2019 - Commissioned a 22 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Enugu, Enugu State.
- 2020 - Commissioned a 30 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Asaba, Delta State.
- 2020 - Commissioned a 30 Nozzle Mega Retail Station in Gbagada, Lagos State.
The success of our business does not lie solely on machinery. We have utmost confidence in our people.
These are the people who had a vision for Northwest Petroleum and those who continue to work tirelessly to make that vision a reality.
Leading the way and keeping us true to that vision, our Management team is highly qualified and motivated, with years of collective experience in the petroleum industry.
Our company’s reputation is one of our most valuable assets. We maintain the highest standards of honesty,
integrity and sound ethics in our relationships with customers, suppliers, employees, government, the community
and all our stakeholders. We also keep our service standards sky-high at all times, taking great care to keep our promises
and pay attention to detail. We are firmly committed to high ethical and safety standards, as well as environmental
compliance and integrity, as reflected or shown in our HSE policy and practice wherever we carry out operations.